Johansen Dental provides customized dental cleanings and exams for YOU! Dr. Johansen's general dentistry is the most vital work he does. He takes pride in creating quality treatment plans for your oral health. Dr. Johansen uses special instruments to keep your oral health in check, from dental X-rays to mouth inspections and dental cleanings to preventive care. Whether your goal is to smile big or prevent issues like tooth loss, our cleanings and exams are a must!
- Examination of diagnostic radiographs (also known as dental x-rays): X-rays are necessary to screen dental decay, many types of oral cancer, and bone loss. Radiographs are also essential for the procedures involving the root and tooth positions. There is no other way to diagnose decay in the teeth properly.
- Periodontal evaluations.
- Oral Cancer Screening - Dr. Johansen will check the head, neck, face, lips, and gums for signs of oral cancer.
- All surfaces of the teeth will be examined for decay or abnormalities.
- Dr. Johansen is known for taking the time to talk with you. He answers all your questions. He takes the time to educate his patients on risk factors and how to prevent tooth loss.
- Our dental cleanings in Chandler, AZ, start with periodontal evaluations. Your hygienist will evaluate teeth and gums, as well as their supporting structures. This process includes viewing the x-rays that were taken for the dental exam.
- Plaque Removal: Plaque is filled with bacteria. It is a gluey substance that is the perfect home for bacteria. If not removed, it can cause inflammation of the gums tissue and bone, bone loss, or cavities. Plaque hardens and turns into tartar.